What our Customers are Saying
- Sydney Party Entertainment have been supplying us with solo artist & duos for the last 18 months at Rydges Cronulla. We have 2 acts per week, one for brunch on Sunday and the other in the afternoon. Gary and the team offer a fantastic service and always delivers a great performance whether it’s him or one of his performers.
Myles L Plenty
Food & Beverage Manager
Rydges Cronulla Beach
20-26 Kingsway, Cronulla NSW 2230
PO Box 676, Cronulla NSW 2230
- Thanks for organising a great night and a huge thank you to Paul and the band for the effort they put in. So much effort that Paul only had 3 strings left at the end of the last song! You all made my birthday bash very special.
Best regards, Allan Neilson
- We just wanted to say a massive thanks to the Sydney Funk Collective for performing at our wedding. It was so much fun on the dance floor – even nanna made it up there. We’d recommend you guys to anyone who wanted to make sure their wedding was one to be remembered by all. You were so easy to deal with before and during the night and it really took the stress out of the whole event. Again thanks – you guys rock.
Steve and Kim
- These guys are great and extremely versatile. All ages loved the music. The sound was great and they took requests to suit everyone.
- The band was fantastic. They arrived, set-up, started and played fabulous music. They fit in with the proceedings of the party, and played my iPod in the breaks. I couldn’t have asked for a better band.
- I recently saw Gary Johns perform at the Orient Hotel and was super impressed with his performance. I then booked him and the band for our corporate party. Wow was all everyone could say. These guys are the real deal, Michael Buble to a tee then they had us up dancing to some classic rock before we even finished our final presentation. I got myself some kudos with my colleagues as the best party organizer ever!!!
- Just wanted to let you know that your band was amazing!! Everyone had the best time and the music just made it. I couldn’t stop dancing all night and it all went too quickly.
- Sorry it has taken me so long for me to write this email, I just wanted to write to say a big thank you for your services for our wedding in November. We are so pleased that we chose your band for our wedding reception. You are by far the best live band we have come across. We would like to sincerely thank you for all the effort you put in to making our reception a memorable event, and keeping all our guests on the dance floor all night. Your friendliness and professionalism surpassed our expectations, and we will definitely be recommending your services.
Jo and Tim Clarke
- I just wanted to send a long overdue email to thank you so much for playing at our wedding (25th February). You and the band were amazing and we had a lot of comments from our guests saying how they thought you were the best band they had ever heard at a wedding! We were really happy with how well the night went, we just wish we had more time on the dance floor!
Mel & Craig
- I loved the band and so did everyone else.
- Thank you so much for such an amazing wedding reception. You were absolutely amazing. A special thanks to Gary, you made everything so easy. I didn’t know how to express what it was I wanted and you just knew and made it happen. Thank you! Our Wedding song was perfect. You sounded phenomenal. I had so many people come up to me on the night and the next day saying how wonderful you all were. Thank you all so much, we had the best start to a marriage anyone could ask for.
Sam and Jake
- Gary’s band kept the party atmosphere going at our event. He played the kind of music that got everyone up on the dancefloor grooving til the end.
National Events Manager
Australian Marketing Institute
- We discovered The Gary Johns Band at a wedding expo and we were immediately drawn to their modern look and how they arranged their songs. Their song list is extensive and, during the reception, the band played songs to suit our guests. Everyone wanted the band to play longer and we have had so many comments on how good they were. They created a classy party atmosphere and really made our wedding extremely memorable.
Tanya and Stephen Chipps
- Just wanted to say thanks for playing at our wedding a few weeks back! We were so pleased with how everything went and loved the music! We had so many comments from friends telling much how much they loved you guys! (Have passed your details on to some friends getting married!)
- We came across Gary Johns Band at a wedding expo about 12 months ago – we knew that we wanted a live band on the day and were looking for something special. After hearing about 30 seconds of a favourite song of ours we knew that the Gary Johns and his band were perfect and booked him on the spot.In the lead up to the day he communicated exactly what was need from our side and was professional in his approach from start to finish. He can offer a variety of arrangements depending on your requirements. We settled for a 4 piece, which was perfect for our night.On the day Gary and his band were sensational in reading the mood of the venue and playing music to suit, from light jazz during dinner and canapes to songs that had the entire room up and dancing. There wasn’t a person young or old who didn’t get up on the floor. The music was sublime and just added to the overall atmosphere of the day.Everyone we have spoken to has said it was the best wedding that they’d been to. We had quite simply the best day of our lives and Gary and his band contributed a huge amount to that.If your in doubt about who you want to use as entertainment for your event, be it a wedding, corporate or private party, you can’t go past the Gary Johns band – they were the ultimate professionals and honestly the best in the business.
Michele and Anthony
- Just a quick note to thank you for the important role your played in our wedding. We must commend you and your band on your professionalism, energy, enthusiasm and your eagerness to assist in any way, which makes such a difference when planning a wedding! We received countless compliments on the music and also the fact that it appealed to all age groups present. We were so pleased that all our guests had no hesitation in getting up to dance, young and old, which greatly added to the enjoyment of the night! Thank you for helping make our night perfect and we have certainly been recommending you to all our friends with up -coming weddings and functions!Hope all is going well for you guys! All the best for the Christmas season.
Vanessa & Leon
- Gary and his band created the perfect atmosphere for our wedding. We wanted a party and everyone up and dancing, and he certainly achieved this with everyone having the night of their lives dancing the night away to a fantastic mix of current and classic hits, as well as some requested favourites. Gary and his band set the tone for the night, and we still have people commenting on how good the music was at our wedding. Just what we wanted to make an amazing night
- Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!!Thank you again so much for making our wedding one to remember. I don’t think the dance floor was empty once which is what we knew you would provide for us.I hope you enjoyed the night and cannot tell you how much we appreciate what you did!
- We hired Gary Johns & his band for our Microsoft Christmas party. We were blown away with the professionalism, ease of interaction and also the amazing talent of Gary and the band. It was a great touch for our party and made the night. Everyone loved it. The dinner music was perfect for the mood of the night; and then the upbeat tunes had everyone on the dance floor. We would hire Gary again in a heartbeat and plan to have him play at future events.Thanks to Gary and the band for making our evening corporate function in Bondi a great night! You guys are very versatile and so it suited our national team, which range in age from 20 to 60 – there was something for everyone. We had people up on the dance floor who have not danced in years!!! A great night and we will definitely use you and the band again.
- I just wanted to send you a quick email to thank yourself and Ray for Saturday. Ray was delightful (and very talented) to work with his professional friendly attitude did not go unnoticed and I wouldn’t hesitate recommending him to any of clients here at OPE.I hope to work with you again in the future,
Wedding & Events Executive
Opera Point Events
- Honestly, it was our pleasure. We had such a great night and your guys were such a big part of not only our night, but of course the enjoyment of everyone.A huge thanks to the Sydney Funk Collective for helping make our wedding a day that surpassed all of our expectations and will live forever in the minds of our guests!Right from the first moment we started talking to Gary, we were extremely confident that SFC were the band for us. Gary was extremely professional, easy to deal with and understood our brief precisely.On the day, SFC didn’t require any management for set up, were well presented and importantly…they made our wedding a real party! They were able to read the mood of the crowd and got everyone up and dancing, providing us with a lifetime of memories. And Amanda’s voice…wow! It still stands up the hair on my neck just thinking about it now.The highlight for us…easy choice! The band learnt ‘White Wedding’, Billy Idol, for us on request. Their rendition was so great that we just had to hear it twice…and every single guest was on the dance floor there with us!Thanks Gary and the Sydney Funk Trust!!!
Matt and Britt White.
- The band was great… Couldn’t have had a better band to play on the night. The guys were lovely, and the music sounded great ! We were very happy with them. We wished we booked them for the whole night but we’ll know for next time should we need something like that again.Thank you again for all your help, we really appreciate it.